Team Leaders Wanted!
The last year has seen a successful drive to attract more volunteers to play an active part in the running of the Loft theatre. There has been an emphasis recently on the operational side of the organisation, with new volunteers joining us on teams such as maintenance, bar and front of house.
However, there are still aspects of our operations where we are thin in the ground, most notably on the coordination or management of some of the operations. Activities or roles that where we need people are:
- Bar Managers – We’re looking for volunteers that will take responsibility for putting the bar rotas together, coordinate rotas with the coffee team and help with cashing up. This post will be vacant from mid-March.
- Front of House Coordinator – Someone who will take responsibility for putting the Front of House rota together and coordinate fire training, helping FOH assistants to become FOH Managers
- Volunteer Coordinator – A role involving looking at the bigger picture of volunteering at the Loft, looking at ways of helping managers and team leaders to bring new volunteers in and retain them through a rewarding and fulfilling engagement with us.
- Head of Marketing – A small, organised and very capable team is in place, but from the start of March this team will need a new Head of Marketing, to lead the team, help raise the profile Loft in Leamington and to increase revenue.
If you feel that you can take up one of these leading roles, or would like to chat informally about them then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY NOT JOIN OUR BOX OFFICE TEAM
Do you enjoy theatre? Meeting people? And do you like computers? Why not think about joining our box office team? We need people willing to commit one or two evenings per show to work as part of our teams. The box office is the front line in meeting and greeting customers. A sense of humour is essential, and an aptitude for computers helps. We work from 6.45 pm until after the interval of the show. Why not come along and see what we do? Please contact email@example.com if you’d like to know more.
We have six key teams that help run the theatre throughout the year, each made up of anywhere between 5 – 50 volunteers.
- Front of House: TBC – team leader
- Box Office: Sue Hamilton – team leader
- Bar and Catering: Richard Pemberton – team leader
- Production Team: Kim Green – team leader
- Stage Technology: Dave Barclay – team leader
- Marketing and Communications: TBC – team leader
The Loft Theatre is a non-professional organisation and does not have the ability to offer work experience placements.