Team Leaders Wanted!
The last year has seen a successful drive to attract more volunteers to play an active part in the running of the Loft theatre. There has been an emphasis recently on the operational side of the organisation, with new volunteers joining us on teams such as maintenance, bar and front of house.
However, there are still aspects of our operations where we are thin in the ground, most notably on the coordination or management of some of the operations. Activities or roles that where we need people are:
- Bar Managers – We’re looking for volunteers that will take responsibility for putting the bar rotas together, coordinate rotas with the coffee team and help with cashing up. This post will be vacant from mid-March.
- Volunteer Coordinator – A role involving looking at the bigger picture of volunteering at the Loft, looking at ways of helping managers and team leaders to bring new volunteers in and retain them through a rewarding and fulfilling engagement with us.
If you feel that you can take up one of these leading roles, or would like to chat informally about them then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bar Volunteers needed
Do you enjoy theatre? Meeting people? Why not think about joining our bar team? We need people willing to commit one or two evenings per show to work as part of our teams. No experience needed, as we would train you. You would need to offer only one evening every five weeks (although you can do more if you enjoy it!). We work from 6.45 pm until about 10.30 pm. The bar is open after the show, when the cast often come to the bar to wind down. Why not come along and see what we do? Please contact email@example.com if you’d like to know more.
We have six key teams that help run the theatre throughout the year, each made up of anywhere between 5 – 50 volunteers.
- Front of House: TBC – team leader
- Box Office: Sue Hamilton – team leader
- Bar and Catering: Richard Pemberton – team leader
- Production Team: Kim Green – team leader
- Stage Technology: Dave Barclay – team leader
- Marketing and Communications: TBC – team leader
FOH – Marsha McDonagh
Marketing – Philippa McComish
The Loft Theatre is a non-professional organisation and does not have the ability to offer work experience placements.