There are so many different areas to volunteer at the Loft Theatre.
Most of us are involved with the Loft because we love theatre, whether watching or participating, on stage or in the creation and delivery of the productions. In many areas we have highly skilled and motivated individuals creating and delivering the art.
There is however another side to running a theatre. We aspire to achieve the same quality in our front of house activities as we do with our productions. We want our audiences to enjoy their time front of house, in a building that is well maintained and comfortable, with excellent bar and catering services to enhance the pre-show, post show and interval experience. We want our audiences to feel safe and valued. We have highly skilled and motivated volunteers in these areas, but we need more!
We are currently looking for volunteers to join the Loft Theatre.
There are some specific areas where we are in most need:
- Maintenance and repairs – We have some volunteers trying to keep the building in working order, but we could always use more
- Maintenance coordinator – It’s great to have maintenance volunteers but we need somebody to coordinate that team. That would involve building on the existing team, maintaining lists of repairs and maintenance, organising repairs to be carried out, liaising with the general management team.
- Bar staff – Always welcome. A theatre needs it’s bar!
- Bar managers – We need people to organise rotas and lock up at night. The more people we can get working in the bar then the more this role can be shared and the less demand it makes on any individual.
- Coffee staff – Alongside the bar we serve coffee. We need more volunteers to take a turn serving coffee.
- Working parties or ‘blitz’ teams – We get a team of volunteers together for a specific project or for a couple of hours to address and issue, such as clearing out rooms or spaces.
If you want to extend your engagement with The Loft to any of these activities, which are so critical to the running of the theatre, to whatever extent works for you then please do get in touch with me at email@example.com or through any other contact you may have in the Loft team.
We have six key teams that help run the theatre throughout the year, each made up of anywhere between 5 – 50 volunteers.
- Front of House: Cath Lyon – team leader
- Box Office: Sue Hamilton – team leader
- Bar and Catering: Graham Hubbard – team leader
- Production Team: Kim Green – team leader
- Stage Technology: Dave Barclay – team leader
- Marketing and Communications: Yas Shilton – team leader
The Loft Theatre is a non-professional organisation and does not have the ability to offer work experience placements.